Monday, December 1, 2008

Bulldogs

I love dogs,and I find bulldogs simply adorable!! Though I don't have a bulldog I was curious to learn to about them. Here are a few things I would like to share... The bulldogs' skull is quite different from that of it's other counterparts,this leads to a few health issues,most frequent of all breathing issues,especially due to the shape and size of the muzzle.Some dogs are also prone to interstitial cysts (treatable).Bulldogs require daily cleaning of their face folds to avoid unwanted infections caused by moisture accumulation. Daily teeth brushing with a regular human soft toothbrush using a vet approved toothpaste is also recommended.
Like all dogs, bulldogs require daily exercise. If not properly exercised the bulldog could gain weight, which could cause health problems relating to the lungs and heart..So make sure your's is well taken care of

No comments: